Had a great weekend with the family. It was the Saturday my son and I scheduled to install a fence around my side yard. This fence is vitally necessary since I can't catch my soon to be 3 year old grandson if he decides to split on me. We live on a corner lot with one road being really busy so we just feel better if we have him corralled.
As far as a DIY project goes it wasn't too hard. Just sinking some 4x4 and attaching the fence sections. We went with a picket instead of privacy cause we just don't care for the look of the privacy. We started about 9:00 and finished up about 5:30, actually sooner than I expected cause past experience has taught me that it would take me more than one day. Thanks to my son for handling the brunt of the work. Never could have done it without him, at least not under a week.
That is exemplified very well by my actions prior to him arriving. I had borrowed a gas powered post hole digger from my neighbor. I made sure Friday nite that I could get it running and familiarize myself with the operation. Shortly before my son arrived I decided to dig one hole just to get started. Past history should have made me think twice, however, I didn't. While on my own I managed to almost break half the bones on my left hand. Today I have this swollen, bruised, twisted thing that generally resembles a hand and 5 fingers. How it happened is a long story, why is simple: that's just me. It ain't the first time and won't be the last, but you would think I a guy would learn sooner than later. Guess I'm just power tool challenged!
Anyway, special thanks to my great son for all his help(but after all it is his kid we're trying to protect) and my lovely wife for feeding us and keeping an eye on the grandson all day.
The bottom line is the fence is up, we feel more secure about taking him outside to play, and I haven't gotten any smarter in my old age.
No comments:
Post a Comment